Thursday, March 1, 2012

Myrtilles in my Mouth

For breakfast today we dined on oatmeal with a swirl of blueberry (myrtille in French) puree.  While both babies thoroughly enjoyed the meal, it's clear who ate and who attempted to self-feed. 

Adam:  "Can you believe she played with her food?  Why didn't she eat?  That's crazy!"
Ashley: "I'm so cute I can get away with anything!"

slow first bite
"See Mom?  I'm trying."
"Hey, I like it!  I like them here, I like them there, I like myrtilles everywhere!"
"Le plat principal is a distant memory and now I'm wrapping up le digestif.  Ashley is still eating??"
"Stop.  Do not take away my spoon.  I'm covered with oatmeal and won't hesitate to drool on you too."
Smile!  Say fromage!
"Did somebody say cheese?  Can we eat that too?" Adam and Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Did you let Ashley hug and kiss you afterwards? That's a true mama test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch babies learn to eat! They look like they're really having fun! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually cousin Debbie, not sure why Alex's name is there!

    ReplyDelete