Friday, June 20, 2014

Niagara Vacation: Part #1

True story:  we packed up the car to take Karla and the citizens to visit Niagara Falls.  To break up the ride we stopped in Syracuse, NY.  This was one heck of a trip.  In just 5 short days, we managed to:

*  visit Green Lakes State Park
*  see Niagara Falls from the observation deck
*  ride the Maid of the Mist
*  visit Lockport, Youngstown, and Lewiston
*  cruise up and down locks 34-35 of the Erie Canal
*  swim at two different hotels
*  eat at the Anchor Bar (birthplace of the Buffalo wing)
*  dine at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (fantastic meal)
*  indulge in ice cream at least once a day

Karla even found time to sneak in a tour of the Cave of the Winds.  All in all, it was a fantastic trip.  In today's post we feature the trip to Green Lake State Park.  This was the first time the citizens were trying out their water wings.  Turns out they weren't needed;  the water was so cold the kids didn't want to go in much past their knees.


With my arms sticking out like this, how am I supposed to swim? -- Ashley
Oh, I see!  I can reach my knees.  I can do this!
I can't reach my knees.  How did you do that, Ashley?

No comments:

Post a Comment