Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day!  This morning MLD diapered and dressed the babies while I prepared a bagels and lox breakfast.  MLD cleaned up and then helped get the kids ready for a grocery shopping trip.  Actually, he offered to take the babies and the list and go without me, but since it was raining outside I thought he was verging on craziness for even thinking of pulling it off;  so off we went.

By the time we got home and the babies went down for a nap, MLD set to work on his real Mother's Day gift to me.  You see, our strawberries are lookin' mighty fine:






And we'd like to eat them.  Not feed the squirrels, birds and other random wildlife.  So while some mothers may be treated to a day at the spa, a fancy dinner, a new washing machine or flowers and chocolates, I was treated to a custom-made wildlife cage (which is not as racy as it sounds, I promise).



Apparently it was a breeze to assemble:



And then we dropped it into place:





Can't wait to see if this actually works.  If it does, we'll have more strawberries than we know what to do with!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, I would like one for my garden too!!! I am on the phone with Jen and she likes it too. For some reason she does not have the power to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive and thoughtful gift! What is Ilya doing in the third from the bottom photo? Looks like he's calling ducks.

    ReplyDelete