Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"The Magical Place"

I just don't get it.  Our kids watch Netflix where there are no commercials.  So how (or why) the heck did they get the idea to start calling our local McDonald's "The Magical Place"?  

As we drive by, you can hear the reverence in their voice as they point it out to me, afraid that I might pass by too quickly and miss the opportunity to see the Magical Place once again.  It's the same excited voice Adam uses when he sees a Subaru STI on the road (which is a fairly high level of excitement, just for the record).

When I asked Karla about this, she smiled sheepishly and said, "We only go there on special occasions."  A-ha!  Mystery solved.

 Being the good natured mom that I am, I took them there a few days ago:





And the irony of it all?  Neither one wanted to climb any higher than the steps you see in the clips.  We'll have to get Karla to work on that one ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment